Smoked Salmon Lettuce Rolls with cream cheese, fresh chives, and cucumber are not only a quick, take-anywhere lunch, but they’re literally as pretty as a rose.
- 6 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 small English cucumber, seeded, minced
- 1/8 tsp. fine sea salt (optional)
- 12 Tbsp. room-temperature cream cheese, divided (3/4 cup)
- 4–5 chive sprigs, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) package thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Cut romaine leaves in half lengthwise, removing the ribs; discard ribs.
- Sprinkle romaine and cucumber with salt.
- Place each lettuce leaf on a clean, flat surface, dark side facing down.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese evenly across each piece of lettuce, being careful not to tear the leaves. Sprinkle chives evenly over cream cheese.
- Place a single layer of the salmon over the cream cheese and chives; sprinkle cucumber evenly over salmon.
- Starting from the skinny end of the lettuce leaf, roll tightly toward the wide end of the lettuce, into a cigar shape. Place on a serving plate or storage container with the cut side down so that the leafy part of the romaine is facing up.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to three days.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!