This Shrimp Fried Rice recipe loaded with juicy shrimp and colorful vegetables is so easy and delicious you won’t want to call for take-out again.
- 1/2 lb. medium-sized shrimp (36 – 40 count) peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil, dark toasted
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked rice, cooled
- Green onion, sliced diagonally for garnish
- Pat the shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat large sauté pan or wok over high heat. When a drop of water sizzles when it hits the pan, add one tablespoon oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the shrimp and sear on one side for 30 seconds. Flip the shrimp over and continue to cook for another 30 seconds or until they are just turning pink. Don’t overcook. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan swirling to coat the bottom. Add the vegetables cooking for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Push to the sides of the pan.
- Add the last tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the eggs stirring to scramble. Cook until slightly runny, about 2 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables into the eggs and add the rice stirring to mix well.
- Cook the rice for about 2 – 3 minutes to crisp the bottom. Using a spatula, turn the rice over and cook on the second side for another 2 minutes. This creates a nice crispy crust.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over, stirring the combine. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!