Meaty, cheesy, and easy! One the world’s best sandwiches is better than ever—because it all cooks together on one sheet pan!
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make these hoagies, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="sausagepepperhoagiesjan22rotd"][/sc]
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, green, or a combination), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 6 fully cooked dinner sausage links (brats, Polish sausages, chicken sausages, hot links, etc.)
- 6 hoagie or sub rolls
- 6 slices cheese (provolone, mozzarella, American cheese, whatever you like)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, mix together the peppers, onion, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the pepper mixture on the baking sheet, spreading it into a single layer covering about two-thirds of the sheet. Arrange the sausages on the remaining third.
- Bake until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, split the rolls so they open like a book. Toast them in the toaster or warm them a bit in the microwave, if desired.
- Take the pan of sausages and vegetables out of the oven. Arrange the cheese slices on top of the pepper mixture in a single layer.
- Turn on the broiler, and return the sheet pan to oven. Broil until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minute.
- Put a sausage on each roll. Use a large spatula to scoop up a slice of cheese and the vegetables under and around it and arrange it on top of one of the sausages. Repeat with remaining sausages.
*Nutrition information will vary based on your sausage and cheese choices.