Meaty, cheesy, and easy! One the world’s best sandwiches is better than ever—because it all cooks together on one sheet pan!
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, green, or a combination), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 6 fully cooked dinner sausage links (brats, Polish sausages, chicken sausages, hot links, etc.)
- 6 hoagie or sub rolls
- 6 slices cheese (provolone, mozzarella, American cheese, whatever you like)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, mix together the peppers, onion, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the pepper mixture on the baking sheet, spreading it into a single layer covering about two-thirds of the sheet. Arrange the sausages on the remaining third.
- Bake until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, split the rolls so they open like a book. Toast them in the toaster or warm them a bit in the microwave, if desired.
- Take the pan of sausages and vegetables out of the oven. Arrange the cheese slices on top of the pepper mixture in a single layer.
- Turn on the broiler, and return the sheet pan to oven. Broil until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minute.
- Put a sausage on each roll. Use a large spatula to scoop up a slice of cheese and the vegetables under and around it and arrange it on top of one of the sausages. Repeat with remaining sausages.
*Nutrition information will vary based on your sausage and cheese choices.