This Chicken Dinner with Polenta is a Mediterranean-inspired weeknight meal that’s all cooked on one pan and is ready in under 45 minutes, mostly hands-free!
- Cooking spray
- 1 (24-ounce) tube polenta, sliced in 1/2-inch rounds
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 and 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 4 oz. crumbled feta
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F, positioning one rack about 4 inches from the broiler and another in the center of the oven.
- Spritz the baking sheet with the cooking spray.
- Arrange the polenta rounds on the sheet pan, spacing them evenly. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a small-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- In a large-sized mixing bowl, place the tomatoes and green beans. Drizzle with 1/2 of the olive oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange the tomatoes and green beans around the polenta slices.
- Place the chicken thighs into the same mixing bowl used for the vegetables, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange the thighs around the polenta slices.
- Roast until the thighs register 165˚F on an instant read thermometer and the vegetables are slightly charred, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Place the lemon halves cut-side-up on the pan. Broil until the feta is slightly browned, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Squeeze the lemon halves over everything. Sprinkle with parsley, if using.