This is a classic hummus recipe but with roasted beets pureed into the mix. It’s as satisfying and earthy as your favorite hummus but with a bit of extra sweetness and some fab color from those gorgeous beets.
The recipe calls for both lemon juice and lemon zest. Please don’t skip either. You’ll totally understand why when you try it.
- 1 (16 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 beet, roasted*
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. tahini paste
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Put chickpeas, beets, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, sugar, and salt in a blender.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Taste. Add more salt if desired.
* or 1 cup drained canned beets