This Quinoa Salad Bowl makes for such a perfect lunch. Make my lemony hummus dressing for it, or use your favorite.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 tsp. garlic or onion powder
- 1 + 1/8 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 (4 oz.) jar sliced pimento peppers, drained
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 2 cups roasted chickpeas
- In a medium saucepan, add quinoa, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and broth. Bring to boiling, reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Cover and set aside 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together hummus, lemon juice, olive oil, ⅛ teaspoon of salt, and pepper.
- To the hummus mixture add the arugula, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, pimentos, and olives. Toss to coat well.
- Divide quinoa evenly between four bowls. Top each bowl with ¼ of the salad, ¼ of the feta, and ¼ of the roasted chickpeas.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!