Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this salad, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="friedchixsaladrotd"][/sc]
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ red onion, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 12 fried chicken tenders, chopped
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup chopped, candied pecans
- ½ cup salad dressing*
- In a large bowl add lettuce, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Place egg and chicken tenders on top of lettuce. Top with green onion and candied pecans.
- Serve cold with favorite dressing.
*My favorite dressing for this salad is this Honey-Tahini Dressing so if you’re making your own salad dressing, go with that. If you’re buying salad dressing for this, I’d use something a little bit sweet, like a Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing. Honey Mustard Dressing would also be a great choice! (Dressing not included in nutritional information.)