This recipe is a quick and easy pasta dish featuring spicy mustard greens, Italian sausage and grape tomatoes. Everything is served over a bed of al-dente rigatoni for the perfect Italian meal.
- 1 lb. dry rigatoni noodles
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 and 1/4 lb. Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 10 oz. trimmed and chopped mustard greens
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package instructions, making sure to save 1/3 cup of cooking liquid prior to draining.
- Whisk Dijon into reserved pasta liquid and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add garlic. Cook to infuse oil with flavor, 2-3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add sausage. Use a wooden spoon to break it up. Cook stirring occasionally until cooked through, 5 minutes.
- Add mustard greens, 1/3 at a time, allowing them to wilt and make space before adding next addition. Stir in salt and cook stirring occasionally until greens are fully wilted, 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the Dijon mixture. Stir to heat through. Toss with cooked pasta.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!