- 4 Tbsp. butter, cut into pieces
- 2 sweet onions, peeled, sliced ¼-inch
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 and ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- In a large nonstick skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and salt, toss to coat.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until onions are soft and lightly browned but not caramelized, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl or 4-cup glass measuring cup, whisk together beef stock, Worcestershire, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and cornstarch until no lumps remain.
- Pour beef stock mixture into pan with onions. Bring to boiling, reduce to a simmer; sauce will thicken. Simmer, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Transfer onion gravy to a gravy boat or medium bowl. Serve warm.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!