This is a delicious Tex-Mex style dinner that is all cooked in one pan in 30 minutes. Quick and easy to make, quick and easy to clean up. You need to try this one!
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can black beans
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or beef stock
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt (optional)
- In a deep large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beef, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Stir and break up the meat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 6-7 minutes.
- Add the rice, canned diced tomatoes, black beans, and stock. Stir.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover (if your skillet doesn’t have a lid, use a double layer of aluminum foil or a large cookie sheet).
- Cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir. Sprinkled with cheddar cheese.
- Put the lid back on to melt cheese. Remove from heat and top with the diced fresh tomato and green onion.
- Serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt.