This No-Boil Lasagna recipe layered with a hearty meat sauce, seasoned ricotta, and gooey cheese uses regular lasagna noodles.
- Cooking spray
- 32 oz. whole milk ricotta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 – 32 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375˚F. Spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg, 1 cup mozzarella, parsley, salt, and pepper, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and cook until softened, 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking up with a wooden spoon, 6 – 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add marinara sauce. Stir to combine.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce in the prepared baking dish. Layer with a single layer of noodles, spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture spread over the noodles, then 1/3 of the mozzarella, and finally 1/3 of the meat sauce. Repeat creating layers, ending with noodles, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.
- Allow to sit 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Garnish with parsley.