This Southern take on mini quiche uses collard greens, ham and hot sauce. Yum!
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this quiche, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="southernminiquicherotd"][/sc]
- 3 single crust pastry sheets (store-bought refrigerated pre-rolled pastry crusts or homemade)
- 4 oz. very finely chopped collard greens
- ½ sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ¾ cup finely chopped ham
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Using a 3-inch diameter cookie cutter, cut pastry into 30 rounds. Push into mini non-stick muffin tins. Poke the bottom of each several times with a fork. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium saucepan halfway full with water and heat to a boil over high heat. Add the collards, onion, garlic, hot sauce, and salt. Simmer 5 minutes. Drain. Pat dry using kitchen towel.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Add ham, collard mixture, and cheddar cheese. Spoon into prepared pastry shells.
- Bake until eggs are set, 20-25 minutes.