This Mexican corn salad is like street corn in a bowl. Flavors of charred corn, cream, spices, cojita cheese and lime are mixed together for easy serving.
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1/4 cup whole milk Greek yogurt, sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled cojita cheese, feta cheese or queso fresco
- 1/2 of a lime
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.*
- Add the corn to the hot pan, and cook stirring constantly but slowly until it starts to have char marks in places, 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the corn from the pan and set aside to cool while you make the sauce.
- In a medium bowl mix together the Greek yogurt or crema, mayonnaise, chili powder, garlic and cilantro, if using.
- Fold in the corn, covering each kernel with the mayonaise mixture.
- Sprinkle the dish with the cheese and lime juice. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold later.
*Note: To speed up this recipe, you don’t have to toast the corn. Just defrost it and then begin at step #4.