This Mexican corn salad is like street corn in a bowl. Flavors of charred corn, cream, spices, cojita cheese and lime are mixed together for easy serving.
Listen to me briefly talk about how to make this Mexican Street Corn Salad, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="mexicanstreetcornsaladrotd"][/sc]
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema (or use sour cream or Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled cotija cheese, feta cheese or queso fresco
- 1/2 of a lime
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.*
- Add the corn to the hot pan, and cook stirring constantly but slowly until it starts to have char marks in places, 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the corn from the pan, and spread it out a bit so that it cool better while you make the sauce.
- In a medium bowl mix together the crema, mayonnaise, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro, if using.
- Fold in the corn, covering each kernel with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Sprinkle the dish with the cheese and lime juice. Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate and serve cold later.
*Note: To speed up this recipe, you don’t have to toast the corn. Just defrost it and then begin at step #4.