Learn how to make Mexican Corn on the Cob, a street food called Elote. It’s grilled and has the most delicious topping all over it.
Listen to me briefly explain how this corn is made, with great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="eloterotd"][/sc]
- 1/4 cup whole milk Greek yogurt, sour cream, or Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 4 shucked cobs of corn
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled cotija cheese, feta cheese, or queso fresco
- 1/2 of a lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat the grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- In a small bowl mix together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro, if using.
- Shuck the corn and put the cobs on the grill.
- Cook, turning often, until the corn kernels are cooked and some of them have browned, 8-10 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Spread cobs all over with the mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle all over with the cheese, turning cobs to evenly coat.
- Squeeze one lime wedge over each cob, turning to get lime all over. Serve!