Delicious homemade artichoke hearts are an amazing thing to serve as part of an appetizer party or to give as a hostess gift. They’re also great to have in your fridge for adding to salads, omelets, and pasta dishes.
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. dry oregano leaves
- 12 whole peppercorns
- 1 (14 oz.) jar baby artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil (approximately ¼ cup)
- Into a clean 16-24 ounce jar put the garlic, red pepper flakes, dry oregano leaves, and peppercorns.
- Add the artichoke hearts.
- Measure the water and cider vinegar into a small sauce pot. Heat to a boil over high heat. Pour over the artichoke hearts until 3/4 covered in liquid. You may not need all of the liquid depending on the size of your jar.
- Pour olive oil over the artichoke hearts until they are fully covered.
- Put on the lid and shake well.
- Cool on the counter. Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving. They’ll keep in the fridge for 1 week.