No cooking required! This tropical fruit salsa is great warm or cold with everything from chips and crackers to shrimp and chicken.
Garnish with finely chopped pineapple and cilantro.
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks, thawed
- ½ small jalapeno, seeded, roughly chopped
- ½ small red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 (2-in. round) tomatoes, seeded, roughly chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add mango, pineapple, jalapeno, red onion, tomato, garlic, salt, and cilantro.
- Cover and pulse until ingredients are saucy with some small pieces remaining. Mixture will be thick.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes; salsa will thin slightly as salt draws out moisture from ingredients.
- Serve cold or warm.