Be the hit of the party or potluck with this oh-so-easy and delicious lox dip!
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this easy dip, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="smokedsalmondipupdatedrotd"][/sc]
- 1 (3.75 oz.) can sockeye red salmon, not drained
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, finely chopped, divided
- ¼ cup minced red onion,
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. capers, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
Into a food processor put the canned salmon and liquid from the can, cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Process until smooth.
Using a spoon, stir in all but 2 tablespoons of the smoked salmon, the red onion, dill, and capers.
Transfer dip to a serving bowl. Garnish with a teaspoon of extra capers, the remaining chopped smoked salmon, and 1 tablespoon of dill fronds.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day before serving.