This roasted cauliflower combines Italian ingredients and delicious browned veggie goodness for an amazing and easy side dish!
If you like your cauliflower more tender, roast at a lower temperature for longer (e.g., 375°F for 35 minutes).
- 5 tsp. tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bow,l whisk together the tomato paste, olive oil, and Dijon mustard. Note that the olive oil will not fully incorporate. That’s ok. Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Break the head of cauliflower into florets and add them to the tomato paste mixture. Stir using a spatula to make sure the sauce is getting onto the cauliflower, which should end up stained red. Use the spatula to transfer all the cauliflower and sauce to a large baking sheet.
- Roast until darkened in spots and is tender-crisp when stuck with a fork, 20-25 minutes. Stir gently with a metal spatula and, if desired, sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese to serve.