Learn how to cook farro in the Instant Pot. It’s ready really quickly and is exactly the right texture every time.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this farro, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="ipfarrorotd"][/sc]
- 2 cup farro
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp. salt
- Measure the farro into a fine mesh sieve. Rinse it under cool tap water. Discard the water. Shake the sieve to shake away excess water.
- Transfer the farro to the Instant Pot.
- Add the water and the salt. Stir.
- Set Instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 13 minutes making sure the valve is set to Sealing.
- After the 13 minutes of high pressure cooking is complete, let the Instant Pot rest to do a natural release for 5 minutes.
- Then switch the valve to Venting and allow the remainder of the pressure to escape.
- Remove the lid and fluff farro with a fork. If there is liquid in the pot, drain it through a sieve.