Learn how to cook farro in the Instant Pot. It’s ready really quickly and is exactly the right texture every time.
- 2 cup farro
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp. salt
- Measure the farro into a fine mesh sieve. Rinse it under cool tap water. Discard the water. Shake the sieve to shake away excess water.
- Transfer the farro to the Instant Pot.
- Add the water and the salt. Stir.
- Set Instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 13 minutes making sure the valve is set to Sealing.
- After the 13 minutes of high pressure cooking is complete, let the Instant Pot rest to do a natural release for 5 minutes.
- Then switch the valve to Venting and allow the remainder of the pressure to escape.
- Remove the lid and fluff farro with a fork. If there is liquid in the pot, drain it through a sieve.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!