This Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner is moist, tender, and takes less time than most, just about an hour.
Serve with a grainy mustard.
Listen to learn how to make this recipe, along with some great tips from Christine:[sc name="ipcornedbeefupdatedrotd"][/sc]
- 1 Tbsp. whole peppercorn
- 1 Tbsp. whole allspice
- 1 Tbsp. whole caraway seeds
- 4 bay leaves
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 and ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 (3-4 lb.) Corned Beef Brisket
- 2 Tbsp. grainy mustard
- 1 and ½ lb. small waxy potatoes
- 1 large head green cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- 9 large carrots, peeled, trimmed to fit Instant Pot
- Add peppercorns, allspice, caraway, bay leaves, salt, and chicken stock to the Instant Pot and place rack.
- Remove brisket from package, reserve spice packet*. Under a slow-running faucet (to prevent splashing), rinse corned beef to remove any brine, pat dry.
- Transfer corned beef to Instant Pot rack, fat side up. Spread mustard on top of corned beef, sprinkle contents of spice packet on top of mustard.
- Place lid on pot, lock in place. Set the valve to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook button and set the timer for 1 hour.** After cook time is complete, turn off unit, let stand 10 minutes. Move valve to Venting to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid. Carefully lift rack with corned beef out of Instant Pot. Transfer corned beef to a cutting board; let stand.
- Add potatoes, cabbage, and carrots to the Instant Pot. Place lid on pot, lock in place. Set the valve to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook button and set timer for 4 minutes. After cook time is complete, turn off unit. Move valve to Venting to release pressure. Transfer vegetables to a serving platter.
- Slice corned beef against the grain, transfer to platter with vegetables. Ladle some of the cooking liquid over the corned beef and vegetables before serving.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*Corned beef briskets often come with a small spice packet. If the brisket you are using for this recipe does not have a spice packet, complete step 3 without adding the spice packet.
**For corned beef that can be shredded, increase the Instant Pot cook time to 75 minutes.