I’ll show you how to roast lamb perfectly. A delicious leg of lamb roast is only about 1 and ½ hours and a few ingredients away!
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (4 ½– to 5-lb.) boneless leg of lamb
- 3 ribs celery (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Trim any fat on the lamb to a thin layer. Unroll the lamb and, if you want, trim any silver skin from the inside (see note). Sprinkle with about ⅓ of the seasoning mixture. Roll the lamb back up into a log and tie with kitchen twine every 1 and ½ to 2 inches. Sprinkle with the remaining seasoning mixture.
- Put the lamb on a rack in a roasting pan fat side up. If you don’t have a rack use 3 stalks of celery lying side by side.
- Roast until the internal temperature is 125°F for medium-rare to 150°F for well done, 15 to 25 minutes per pound (the temperature will increase as the meat rests).
- Cover the roasting pan with foil and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, increase the oven to 475°F.
- Roast uncovered for another 10 minutes, until the meat is nicely browned.
- Carve and serve immediately.
Here’s a post on how to trim silver skin.