This recipe creates a soft, spreadable roasted eggplant. For sliceable roasted eggplant, reduce the cook time by 10 minutes.
- 2 large globe eggplants
- 1/4 tsp. olive oil
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position; preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place eggplants on a sheet pan. Using the tines of a fork or tip of a paring knife, poke each eggplant 3-4 times to create shallow steam-release holes. Rub each eggplant with oil.
- Place pan in oven. Bake 40 minutes.
- Switch oven from bake to broil (don’t open the oven). Broil on high, 5-8 minutes to char eggplant skin.
- Remove pan from oven, let stand 5 minutes.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!