No more busting your wallet at the olive bar. Learn how to make your own marinated olives!
- ½ of a lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Thai red chili, seeded and sliced thinly
- 12 oz. pitted mixed olives (e.g., Kalamata and queen thrown Spanish olives)
- ½ cup olive oil
- Remove the zest from the lemon and cut the zest into thin strips. Juice the lemon. Put the lemon zest and juice along with the garlic, chili, and olives into a large jar. Add the olive oil. Shake to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to two weeks shaking daily to mix everything up.
- Take the jar of olives out of the fridge 1 hour before serving so that the olive oil melts into a liquid.
- Transfer the olives to a bowl for serving using a spoon to scoop out olives, taking along some of the olive oil and flavorings.