Learn the safe way to defrost ground beef in hot water.
- 1 to 1 1/3 lb frozen ground beef
- Fill your sink or a large pot with hot tap water.
- Sealed in a secure ziplock bag, submerge the ground beef into the water. Top with a heavy plate or something similar to keep it submerged and surrounded by water.
- Every 5 minutes or so, check on the meat and break it up some. (Unlike with the microwave, you don’t need to remove any.)
- Within 30 minutes, you’ll have defrosted ground beef ready to be made into a delicious meal.
- Cook the defrosted ground beef immediately.