Learn how to cook a whole, boneless ham with the best glaze. It’s an easy option for entertaining because they come pre-cooked. All you do is add flavor.
- 1 (5-6lb.) boneless ham
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove the ham from the packaging and place it into a large baking dish. Pour the water in the dish with the ham.
- Cover the dish with foil or a lid. Allow the ham to cook covered for about an hour, about 15 minutes per pound.
- Now, you can stop there, this will heat the ham through, and since it’s already cooked, you can eat it. However, it’s much better to add a glaze.
- Mix together all of the remaining ingredients to make the glaze.
- Pull the ham out of the oven and drain out the water. Brush the ham with the generous coating and slide it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the glazing process several more times until all of the glaze is on the ham. The glazing process should take about 30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven, and let it rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.