When you want a delicious steak with a big visual impact, look no further than this perfectly grilled Tomahawk Steak.
- 1 (2 and 1/2 lb.) tomahawk steak
- 2 tsp. salt
- Insert a wire rack into a sheet pan.
- Rub all sides of the steak with salt, place on wire rack. Let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour, or refrigerate up to three days, uncovered.
- Preheat one side of grill on high. Sear all sides of steak over direct heat, then move to indirect heat to continue roasting until the internal temperature reaches 130°F (about 35 minutes), or desired temperature is reached based on the chart below.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
- Rare: 125°F or 52°C (Remove from the grill at 120°F or 49°C.)
- Medium-rare: 135°F or 57°C (Remove from the grill at 130°F or 54°C.)
- Medium: 145°F or 63°C (Remove from the grill at 140°F or 60°C.)
- Medium-well: 150°F or 66°C (Remove from the grill at 145°F or 63°C.)
- Well done: 160°F or 71°C (Remove from the grill at 155°F or 68°C.)