Learn how to cook beets in the Instant Pot. It’s really fast and the skins peel right off after they’re cooked, which means less mess.
- 1 lb. beets (about 3 large, or 5 small)
- 1 cup water
- Scrub the beets well and trim the greens off, leaving a 1-inch stem.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the clean beets in the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on and turn the valve to “Sealing”.
- Select “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” on high pressure and set the cycle to 20 minutes.
- Allow the cycle to run and let the Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Carefully perform a manual release.
- Remove the beets from the Instant Pot, and allow them to cool so you can handle them without burning yourself.
- On a plastic cutting board, or over the sink, peel the skin off the beets simply by pressing with your fingers. They should slip right off.
- Serve or store in the fridge for about a week!