I’ve experimented to find out the perfect way and amount of time to brine pork chops. Get the brine recipe and learn how long to brine pork chops for the juiciest and most delicious results.
Listen to learn how to make this recipe, along with some great tips from Christine:[sc name="brinedporkchoprotd"][/sc]
- 4 cups of cold water
- 6 tablespoons Diamond Crystal kosher salt OR 4 1/2 tablespoons Morton’s kosher salt OR 3 tablespoons fine or table salt
- 8 (1-in. thick*) bone-in center-cut rib pork chops
- In a medium container mix brine until salt is dissolved.
- Add pork chops so that they are all fully-submerged. Let stand, covered, 1 hour.**
- Remove chops from brine. Pat dry with clean paper towels.
- Prepare according to desired recipe but omit any salt that the recipe calls for.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*If your pork chops are less than 1-inch thick, you’ll just need to reduce the amount of time in the brine. These thinner chops should be in the brine for 30-60 minutes maximum.
**Chops in the brine can also be refrigerated for the one-hour brine time.