These homemade shrimp quesadillas have tasty shrimp, seasoned veggies, and melty mozzarella cheese for a delicious and easy meal.
- 12 cooked medium-sized shrimp, deveined, peeled, no tail
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Cooking spray*
- 4 six-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Roughly chop the cooked shrimp. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until darkened in spots and softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and stir to coat. Remove from heat.
- Transfer peppers and onions to a plate and wipe out the skillet.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray. Set it over medium-low heat. Add two flour tortillas such that they’re not overlapping or not overlapping much.
- To each tortilla add 1/4 cup of cheese. Top each with half of the pepper and onion mixture, then with half of the chopped shrimp, half of the tomatoes, and half of the green onion. Then top each with another 1/4 cup of cheese. Place a tortilla on top of each stack and spray it lightly with cooking spray.
- Increase heat to medium. Cook until bottom tortillas are browned underneath, 2-4 minutes. Use a spatula under each quesadilla stack and one over each to flip them over. Cook until bottoms are browned underneath, another 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each one into 4 wedges.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*You can use a teaspoon of oil instead of cooking spray. Use a wooden spoon to spread it around before adding the tortilla.