This is a versatile sauce recipe that can be used as a condiment, a dip, or a flavorful sauce over meats, fish, or vegetables.
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ tsp. coriander seeds
- ½ tsp. whole peppercorns
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- Spatter the cumin and coriander seeds into a heavy bottomed dry pan set over medium-low heat. Tossing the pan occasionally, toast the seeds until their fragrance is warm and intoxicating, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the toasted seeds and the peppercorns into a spice grinder or use a mortar and pestle. Grind coarsely.
- In a medium bowl, mix the spices with the remaining ingredients. It’s easiest to use a fork to smooth the cream cheese into the other ingredients. Grab a cracker and taste for seasoning. You may want a touch more salt or lime juice.