Learn how to make delicious hash browns from frozen.
Try serving with sour cream and fresh chives.
- 6 cups frozen shredded (hashbrown) potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- Preheat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Stir to redistribute; cover and cook 1 minute more.
- Add butter, oil, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder; stir until well combined and butter is melted. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir to redistribute. Using a spatula, gather potatoes into a large cake and gently press so it fills the pan without any gaps. Cook, uncovered 4 to 5 minutes more or until brown and crispy on the bottom.
- Transfer potatoes to a cutting board with the crispy bottom facing up. Cut into wedges or squares, serve warm.