After cooking, try topping the greens with a splash of red wine vinegar or ¼ tsp. of crushed red pepper flakes. It’s optional, but tasty!
Listen to learn how to make this recipe, along with some great tips from Christine:[sc name="mustardgreensrotd"][/sc]
- 1 (16 oz.) bag chopped fresh mustard greens (or two bunches fresh, washed, dried, chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil, divided*
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl toss chopped mustard greens with 1 tablespoon of the oil and salt until well coated.
- In a large skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add to your skillet as much of the mustard greens that will fit. Cook, tossing in oil, until just wilted. Add the remaining greens. Continue cooking until all are wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and toss with greens until well combined. Cook while continuing to toss often until stems are just fork-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*If you would like to use less oil, start with the full first 1 tablespoon mixed well with the greens in step 1. Then only use 1 teaspoon in the skillet, or you can use 1 tablespoon of water in the skillet instead.