This Garlic Butter Sauce uses a mounted butter technique to create a beautiful sauce with only a few ingredients.
- 3 Tbsp. dry white wine (or 2 and ½ Tbsp. water and ½ Tbsp. lemon juice)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup of cold butter (1 stick)*
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp. salt to taste
- Bring the wine and garlic to a simmer over high heat. Reduce to low and wait for it to stop simmering.
- Whisk in 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter at time, whisking continuously until the tablespoon is almost fully melted before adding the next tablespoon.
- Continue to whisk and add butter 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking the whole time, adding the next tablespoon just before the previous one melts until a full 1/2 cup of butter has been added.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt to taste.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*Note that more butter can be added if desired. You can actually add a whole pound. Just keep whisking it in a tablespoon at a time. The garlic and wine or lemon flavors will be diluted if you choose to add more. The amounts given above will give you a nice touch of garlic and of acidity.