This simple, tasty appetizer is made with all of your favorite Mexican flavors, stirred up and then served on garlic toast. It’s where salsa and bruschetta meet.
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 big handful cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or finely shredded Mexican or Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- In a medium bowl mix tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Top with cheese.
- Toast baguette slices. Serve alongside the tomato mixture.