The perfect Easter brunch for a group, these ham and egg breakfast sliders come together really fast and use up some delicious leftover ham.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make these Easy Breakfast Sliders, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="breakfastslidersrevisedrotd"][/sc]
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 24 mini potato party rolls connected in two flats
- 8 slices of ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Crack the eggs into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Add the water and whisk until well-mixed. Stir in the chives.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until set, stirring well between each session. Stir really well, mashing with a fork so that the eggs pieces are quite small.
- Meanwhile, use a long serrated knife to slice through a flat of rolls lengthwise, such that you end up with a bottom flat and a top flat. Repeat with the other flat of rolls.
- Put the bottom flats side by side in a 9×13″ pan.
- Top each with the ham, divided evenly into smooth layers.
- Sprinkle with the cheese. Top with the scrambled egg.
- Add the top flats, cut side down, lining each one up with its bottom.
- Put the butter, maple syrup, Dijon, and garlic powder into a medium bowl. Whisk until the mustard is well-incorporated into the butter.
- Drizzle it over the rolls making sure that the top of each bun gets a bit. Use a brush or your fingers to spread the butter mixture around so that all the buns are evenly coated.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake until the sandwiches are heated through and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the tops of the buns are crisp when you tap on them, 2-3 minutes.
- Use two large spatulas to get under a flat of rolls and transfer it to a cutting board. Use a big sharp knife to cut the rolls apart along their perforations, yielding 12 sliders.
- Repeat with the second flat of rolls. Serve immediately.