This rich, fudgy flourless chocolate cake is not only gluten-free, but dairy-free, too.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this cake, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="flourlesschoccakeupdatedrotd"][/sc]
- 1 and ½ cups water
- 1 and ½ cups dark brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 2 cups cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. Instant coffee
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- Make the chocolate sauce. In a medium saucepan stir together water, sugar, and syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Do not boil.
- Add cocoa powder, coffee, salt, and vanilla; whisk until dissolved and no lumps remain, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer chocolate sauce to a large glass bowl. Refrigerate, uncovered, 45 minutes to cool.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan. Lightly spray bottom of pan with cooking spray; place parchment onto bottom of pan. Lightly spray parchment with cooking spray; set aside.
- Add eggs to chocolate sauce. Using a hand-held mixer with beater attachments, beat together eggs and chocolate sauce on medium speed until eggs are well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to prepared pan. Place pan in oven.
- Bake 1 hour. Turn oven off; let pan sit in oven 10 minutes more.
- Remove pan from oven. Let stand 1 hour before slicing.