Learn how to make deep fried shrimp that’s light, crispy and guaranteed to disappear in minutes. It’s simple if you do it this way.
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (31 – 40 count)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 and ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Dipping sauce, your favorite
- Pat the shrimp dry and season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Line up three shallow bowls, cake or pie pans are perfect. In the first place the flour, the second the eggs and the third, the panko breadcrumbs.
- Start by coating a shrimp in with the flour, then dip into the eggs and finish in the panko. Place on a sheet pan and repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or fryer to 350˚F.
- Working in batches, about 6 at a time, fry the shrimp. Shrimp cook very quickly, about 1 – 2 minutes, so keep an eye on them. As soon as they are golden brown, remove from the oil and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate or sheet pan. Repeat until all of the shrimp have been fried.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. If you need some suggestions, try English Cocktail Sauce or Classic Cocktail Sauce.