This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. You’ll want a double batch if using to roast a whole turkey.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this compound butter, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="compbutterforturkeyrotd"][/sc]
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley, rinsed and dried well
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary leaves
- In a small bowl combine butter, salt, thyme, sage, garlic powder, parsley, and rosemary until well mixed.
- Transfer butter to a ramekin or form into a log using parchment or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving or slicing.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer up to 3 months.