This is one of my favorite dinners. It’s made in one pan with very little prep. Then it goes in the oven just until heated through. All in under 30 minutes.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans low-sodium chick peas, drained
- 1–14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 12 oz kielbasa, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a 9×13″ baking dish combine chickpeas, tomatoes, kielbasa, onion, bell pepper, black pepper and cumin.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid or with foil and bake until heated through, 25 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or chives (if using) before serving.
Inspired by “Polish Sausage and Chick Pea Casserole” from Reader’s Digest Great Recipes for Good Health, page 244.