Don’t panic! You can bake delicious wings from frozen with these instructions.
- 20 frozen, split chicken wings (drumettes and flats)
Set oven temperature to 425°F.
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange wings in a single layer.
Immediately place pan in oven. Do not wait for oven to preheat.
Bake for 50 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers 160°F. when inserted into the thickest part of the wing.
Remove pan from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
Toss wings in barbecue or buffalo sauce and serve.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
- It’s important to let the wings rest after removing the pan from the oven; carryover cooking will bring the wings to the proper temperature, without overcooking them.
- If wings are stuck together in a package, microwave for 1-2 minutes, which will be just enough to pry them apart and place in a single layer on sheet pan.
- If wings are not already cut into flats and drums, add 10 minutes to cook time.
- Do not open the oven door until the 50 minutes are up. Use the oven light to check the wings. If you want to season them, you can quickly add salt and seasoning half-way through, but best to wait till the end.
- Because the wings do not have seasoning yet, be sure to use a well-seasoned sauce.
- If your wings are producing excess liquid while cooking, you can transfer them to a rack on the baking sheet and then return them to the oven.