- 20 frozen, split chicken wings (drumettes and flats)
Set oven temperature to 425°F.
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange wings in a single layer.
Immediately place pan in oven; do not wait for oven to preheat.
Bake for 50 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers 160°F. when inserted into the thickest part of the wing.
Remove pan from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
- It’s important to let the wings rest after removing the pan from the oven; carryover cooking will bring the wings to the proper temperature, without overcooking them.
- If wings are stuck together in a package, microwave for 1-2 minutes, which will be just enough to pry them apart and place in a single layer on sheet pan.
- If wings are not already cut into flats and drums, add 10 minutes to cook time.
- Do not open the oven door until the 50 minutes are up. Use the oven light to check the wings.
- Because the wings do not have seasoning yet, be sure to use a well-seasoned sauce.