Learn how to make delicious Chicken Parmesan using frozen chicken breasts. Quick and convenient for busy weeknights.
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 medium frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts that were frozen individually and are not attached to each other now
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine panko, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Place chicken breasts on prepared pan and brush the top of each with about 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce. Top each with one quarter of the breadcrumbs.
- Bake until cooked through to 165ºF, as read on an instant-read thermometer, 30-40 minutes. (If using thawed chicken breasts, cook until cooked through to 165ºF, or about 20-25 minutes).
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Top each breast with 1 heaped tablespoon of tomato sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella. Broil until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.