Seven simple ingredients make this Buffalo Chicken Queso the tastiest twist on queso we’ve ever tried.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 medium chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour until it forms a smooth paste. Cook for 1 minute while continuing to whisk. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle in the milk a little bit at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition.
- Stir in the Buffalo sauce and garlic powder. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted in and smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Warm over medium-low heat, stirring continuously until heated through.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a small slow cooker to keep it warm. This dip can be microwaved to reheat: Heat 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time, until heated through.