This beef and broccoli soup is hearty, healthy and delicious. The best thing is that it’s ready, start to finish, in under 15 minutes. Even quicker then take out!
To make this soup in 15 minutes first read through the recipe. As you read gather together all of the tools, pots, pans and ingredients that you will need. Don’t prep anything though. All of the ingredient preparations are explained in the instructions section and are counted in the 15 minute time. See you in 15! Yield: 8 cups
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this soup, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="beefbroccolisouprotd"][/sc]
- 8 oz. uncooked ramen noodles
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1-in. piece of ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 cups low-sodium beef stock
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1.5 lb. head of broccoli
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 9 oz. of beef steak (rib eye, New York Strip, and flank all work fine)
- Fill a medium saucepan with tap water. Cover and bring it to a boil over high heat. When it reaches a boil add 1 teaspoon of the salt and the ramen noodles. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer and cook until tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain noodles and set aside.
- While the water heats and the noodles cook measure the vegetable oil and sesame oil into a large pot or Dutch oven. Turn the heat to medium-low and add the red pepper flakes and the ginger. Stir. Slice the garlic and add it. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the beef broth. Cover and increase the heat to high until it reaches a boil.
- While the broth is heating cut the broccoli into florets, slice the bell pepper and chop the green onions. Slice the steak into 1/4-inch slices.
- When the broth reaches a simmer add the broccoli. Cover and return it to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and cook until broccoli is tender-crisp. Then remove the ginger from the broth. Add the sliced beef. Simmer 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide the noodles among 4-5 soup bowls. Top with the beef soup. Garnish with pepper slices and green onion.