Balsamic vinegar, honey, and herbs create a sweet, tangy, irresistible sauce for this baked Balsamic Chicken Breast recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Lightly oil a baking dish.
- If the thickness of the chicken breasts is very uneven, pound them a bit to even things out (see this post for how to do that), keeping the chicken 3/4- to 1-inch thick.
- In a small bowl combine oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, brown sugar, mustard, rosemary, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in the baking dish. Pour the sauce over, flip the breasts in the sauce to coat evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until an instant read thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken reads 165˚F.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.