Satisfy your craving for homemade gooey, cheesy, pepperoni pizza in half the time with my Baked Pizza Chicken stacks.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this chicken, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="chickenpizzarotd"][/sc]
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 2 large chicken breasts cut in half)
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin (8 slices)
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella, divided
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine panko, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Set aside.
- Unroll chicken thighs into a flat piece; place each chicken thigh on sheet pan, at least 1-inch apart.
- Top each chicken thigh with two slices of tomato, overlapping as needed to fit. Top each stack with one quarter of the mozzarella, then 5 pepperoni slices, and then one quarter of the bread crumb mixture.
- Place pan in oven. Bake until chicken registers 165°F on an instant read thermometer and bread crumbs are browned, about 25 minutes.
If pepperoni pizza isn’t your thing, other toppings work great, too. Substitute the pepperoni with mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, or cooked sausage crumbles.