This method for baking chicken breasts yields crispy skin without overcooking the breast meat.
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts (7 to 8 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, brush both sides of the chicken with the olive oil. Sprinkle all over with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Arrange chicken breasts skin side up on the baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.