Juicy, glazed pork loin is brushed with an apple and mustard sauce and baked on a bed of tender apples and onion. An easy, impressive and healthy meal.
- 3 lb. pork loin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Begin by rubbing the pork loin with the salt and pepper while you heat a skillet over medium-high heat with the oil.
- When the skillet is hot, sear the loin on all sides until a nice, golden-brown crust has formed.
- While the pork sears, arrange the apple and onion slices at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Whisk together the mustard, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar.
- Lay the seared pork on top of the apples and onions, and brush it all over with the mustard mixture.
- Cover the dish with foil and slide it in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145°F.
- Let the pork rest for 10 minutes before removing it from dish, slicing and serving it with the apples and onions.