Air Fryer Steak is great for a steak with a crispy outside and locked in juices, no matter the weather!
2 New York strip steaks, about 1/3 lb. each
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. Montreal steak seasoning, or your favorite steak rub
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
Olive oil spray
Butter and chives or parlsey, for serving (optional)
- Pull the steaks from the fridge a half hour before you want to cook them.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel. Rub the steaks evenly with the olive oil, then sprinkle both sides with an even coat of steak seasoning and brown sugar.
- Heat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
- Place the steaks in the basket. Cook for 5-6 minutes; flip and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- The steaks are done when they reach an internal temperature of 125°F (rare) to 145°F (medium).
- Transfer the steaks to a plate and let rest for 3-4 minutes. If desired, top with butter and chives or parsley.