Salmon in the air fryer is fantastic because you get the most crispy skin as a result, and it’s fast. Delicious and healthy without turning on the stove.
- 3/4 lb. salmon fillet with skin
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Seasonings of choice, optional
- With salmon skin-side-down, cut into 2 portions.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in the air fryer tray skin side up and slide it in the air fryer.
- Cook at 400°F for 8-11 minutes, or until internal temperature is 140°F* at the thickest point.
- Transfer salmon to a plate to rest.
- If crispier skin is desired, use tongs to carefully remove skin from top of salmon portions. Transfer skin back to the air fryer. Top the skin pieces with a heat safe trivet (to prevent skin from flying around the air fryer). Cook at 400°F for 2-4 minutes, or until desired crispness is achieved.
Note that once you remove the skin from the air fryer and it starts to cool, it will crisp up more. Place crisped skin pieces on top of salmon portions and serve immediately.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*Cook time will vary depending on thickness. The safe temperature for salmon is considered to be 145°F, which the salmon will reach once it has rested. However, if you prefer your salmon a bit less well done, you can remove it from the air fryer when it reaches 120°F, about 7-8 minutes.