If you’re looking for the crispiest, crunchiest panini sandwich, all you need to do is pull out your air fryer!
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this sandwich, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="afpaninirotd"][/sc]
1 ciabatta roll
1 grilled chicken breast
1 small tomato, sliced
1 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 Tbsp. pesto
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
Cast iron panini press or small weight
- Heat your air fryer to 350°F.
- Split the roll crosswise. Place the chicken on the bottom half.
- Top the chicken with tomato slices. Arrange the cheese over the tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pesto and mayonnaise.
- Spread the pesto mayonnaise onto the cut side of the top roll half. Cover the sandwich with the top of the roll.
- Place the sandwich into your air fryer basket. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place a panini press or small weight on top of the sandwich to weigh it down.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the weight and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until the sandwich is crispy and the fillings are hot.