If you’re looking for the crispiest, crunchiest panini sandwich, all you need to do is pull out your air fryer!
1 ciabatta roll
1 grilled chicken breast
1 small tomato, sliced
1 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 Tbsp. pesto
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
Cast iron panini press or small weight
- Heat your air fryer to 350°F.
- Split the roll crosswise. Place the chicken on the bottom half.
- Top the chicken with tomato slices. Arrange the cheese over the tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pesto and mayonnaise.
- Spread the pesto mayonnaise onto the cut side of the top roll half. Cover the sandwich with the top of the roll.
- Place the sandwich into your air fryer basket. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place a panini press or small weight on top of the sandwich to weigh it down.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the weight and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until the sandwich is crispy and the fillings are hot.